One Night Stand: Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

AMAZON | KINDLE

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Contemporary
2011-12-18 (S.C. Stephens)

Rating: A
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Kiera – College Student, Girlfriend
Hero: Denny – Australian, Boyfriend
Hero: Kellan – Rock Star, Roommate
Setting: Washington, USA



Synopsis:


Review:

This might be one of the most frustrating and gut-wrenching books I've ever read. I have a love/hate relationship with this book. Which is why I think I wavered between 4 and 5 stars. I felt so much frustration and anger while reading this story that it drained me emotionally to the point that I wasn't sure how I was ever going to be able to finish it. But the book is so captivating that I just HAD to finish it. I HAD to find out what happens with these characters in the end.

Kiera and Denny have been in a relationship for two years. When Denny receives an internship, they both leave their lives in Ohio to start a new life in Seattle where they move in with Kellan, an old friend of Denny's. Things seem perfect for this couple until Denny is sent away to AZ for work. Kiera feels lonely and insecure while her boyfriend is away and forms a close friendship with Kellan, their roommate. When Denny decides to take the job in AZ permanently, things happen that will change all three of these people's lives forever.

Kellan. Bad-boy gorgeous rock-star, creative, smart, and has a horrible childhood past that once it's unraveled, you will cry for him.

Denny. Smart, good-looking, promising future, loyal, Australian, and loves Kiera immensely.

Kiera. pretty but insecure about herself, blushes a lot, smart, her love is intense, and has gotten herself into quite the predicament.

This intense love triangle nearly broke me! Kiera’s indecisiveness and wishy-washy feelings made me so insanely crazy. I tried to empathize with Kiera being torn by love for both these worthy men but her thoughtless actions was enough to make me call her every name in the book. Often. I was enchanted with Kellan the moment he walked onto the page. I thought. "Yeah, he's trouble" As the story progressed, there were parts where I felt angry with Kellan too. As much as I rooted for Kiera to pick him, I actually felt sick about some of the things he did. I did however actually understand his frustrations and why he did what he did once it was explained. Unfortunately, I never felt like I got to know Denny until the end in Kiera’s flashbacks. The flashbacks gave me an idea of why she loved him so much and why she continuously felt loyal to him considering that I was under the impression she was only staying with him out of guilt. And there was a lot of guilt. As there should have been.

This scene just about crushed me and one of the many reasons I fell hard for Kellan...

“What if I don’t choose you, Kellan? What will you do?”
He looked away, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’ll leave, Kiera. I’ll leave, and you and Denny can have your happily ever after.” He looked back at me. “You wouldn’t even need to tell him about me. Eventually, the two of you…” his voice broke and another tear fell on his cheek, “the two of you would get married, and have children, and have a great life.”
I fought back a sob. “And you? What happens to you in that scenario?”
“I…get by. And I miss you, every day,” he whispered.

My stomach was in knots until the end of this book. The characters were raw and I felt every ounce of turmoil, betrayal, happiness, jealousy, and passion these characters felt. Even though, I don't condone the actions of these characters, this story is truly amazing. I hated it and loved it at the same time. The ending resolution is exactly as it should be and thank goodness we got a happy ending. I can finally breathe.

And because I love to torture myself apparently, I'm continuing on to read Effortless, book two.

Thoughts While Reading:

12.0% - "i have a bad feeling the heroine is going to get on my nerves...she's a bit too clingy."
61.0% - "This story is so emotionally draining..."
64.0% - "God Keira! Move out or break up with Denny! Argh!"

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.