One Night Stand: Easy by Tammara Webber

AMAZON | KINDLE

Easy by Tammara Webber
Contemporary / Mature YA
2012-05-24 (Tammara Webber)

Rating: A
Heat: Warm

Heroine: Jacqueline Wallace – Musician, College Student 
Hero: Lucas Maddox – Artist, College Student 
Setting: USA



Synopsis:


Review:

I am in complete awe of this book! This is a beautiful, well-written, compact story with amazing characters.

The twists and turns of the story are worth keeping a surprise. So, I will try to keep this review as spoiler free as possible. However, I will say this, part of what makes this story so authentic is the sensitive subject matter that brought these two people together. The author handles this part of the story delicately and with class. I'm glad she didn't water down the topic nor take it too far.

After Jacqueline Webber follows her boyfriend, Kennedy, to college, he breaks up with her after a three year relationship explaining that he needed to "expand" his horizons if he wants to be a good politician one day. Two weeks after her heart is broken, her best friend talks her into going to a campus party where she is the designated driver. Once she realizes her best friend is okay and won't be needing a ride, she leaves the party alone, and is almost raped but is saved by Lucas who she comes to get to know later on in the story.

I adore Jacqueline. She might be one of my favorite heroines written to date in a mature young adult story. She has a great sense of humor, plays the stand up bass (which is awesome!) and she handles a lot of bad situations that happen to her maturely and brilliantly. She reminds me a lot of the character, Olive, from the movie Easy A. So as I was reading this story, I imagined Jacqueline (not Jackie) as Emma Stone. The romance between Jacqueline and Lucas is a slow build. Lucas has secrets and Jacqueline becomes infatuated with this tattooed, gorgeous hero.

I admire the way Tammara Webber wrote Lucas' character. You don't get to know Lucas right away. He has secrets that he holds close to his heart and the mystery that is Lucas is slowly revealed as the story progresses. The the little bits and pieces Webber slowly gives us about him kept me enthralled and anxious to learn more. When his story is finally revealed, pull out the tissues because you will cry - my heart broke for him. He may have issues but he is also kind, funny, smart, goal-oriented, protective and passionate.

"So I don't want to you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly." He trailed his finger over my jaw and down my throat, and then into his lap. I stared at him. Finally comprehending that he was waiting for a response, I said, "Okay." ----As he leaned over me, I felt a heightened awareness of every part of my body that touched a part of his--the edge of his hip pressed to mine, his chest sliding against mine, his fingers tracing from wrists to forearms and then framing my face. He held me in place, lips near my ear. When he kissed the sensitive spot, my breath shuddered. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, moving his mouth to mine.

Just one of the many steamy scenes that left me breathless and fanning myself. Sigh.

The chemistry between Lucas and Jacqueline is extraordinary. They made me smile and laugh with the way they flirted and bantered. I loved every minute these two spent together. I thought it was refreshing to see how smart and mature they both handled this relationship. And Jacqueline is a stubborn girl who would not give up on Lucas whenever he shuts down on her. Gotta love a girl who is willing to fight for what she wants.

Easy is an emotionally charged, realistic story that is absolutely wonderful. Even after finishing this book, I am still thinking about these characters twenty four hours later. The ending is enjoyable and left me wanting more.

 

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.