One Night Stand: On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

AMAZON | KINDLE

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Contemporary
2012-08-30 (Samantha Young)

Rating: A
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Jocelyn Butler – Writer, Broken 
Hero: Braden Carmichael – Businessman, Alpha 
Setting: Scotland



Synopsis:


Review:

I grabbed this book up after seeing all of the fabulous reviews and I’m so glad I did. I have fallen in love with a sexy and delicious Scot who makes me pant!

Jocelyn has left her tragic past behind in Virginia, where her parents and sister were killed in a car accident. She moved to Edinburgh, Scotland four years ago to start a new life. When her roommate has moves away, she needs a new place to live. On her way to see a new flat, she ends up sharing a cab with a very sexy and charming man. The chemistry is evident between them but Joss only wants to get as far away as possible from this man who she has an immediate attraction to. Upon meeting Ellie and seeing her flat, she decides to move in right away. However, that gorgeous, sexy man Joss can’t seem to stop thinking about turns out to be Ellie’s older brother, Braden Carmichael.

Jocelyn, who only wants to be called Joss, is a broken and damaged woman. After losing her parents and then her best friend, she keeps all personal relationships at arm’s length for fear of losing someone she cares about. What she didn’t expect is to care for Ellie, Braden, and their family. Not only do these people penetrate her wall of steel, but they burrow themselves into her heart.

I formed a connection with Joss right away. Beyond the tough girl persona she hides behind, she’s funny, sweet, and likeable. I also really loved her sense of humor. The undeniable attraction she has towards Braden confuses her. She’s always been good at keeping people at a distance but with Braden she finds herself agreeing to be “friends with benefits” for three months. But, once Braden comes in the picture and this relationship begins, Joss’ world is completely turned upside down and she begins to fall for the sexy Scotsman.

Our attraction was nuclear. I had never known anything like it. It made Braden Carmichael extremely dangerous to me.

I absolutely adored Braden. His possessiveness and dirty talk with that Scottish burr did a funny thing to my libido. I loved how the author gave us a hero who was willing to overlook the heroine’s issues and willing to fight for her. Knowing Joss would run if he didn’t tread lightly, he used manipulation and persistence to seduce her until she could no longer deny him. Oh, Braden, you clever, clever man.

The sex scenes are seriously hot and steamy. These two have chemistry inside and outside of the bedroom that is seriously combustible. And just when I didn’t think Braden could be any more freaking sexy in the bedroom, he demanded to spoon with Joss! Good lord, there is nothing hotter than a man who likes to cuddle.

He studied me intently for a moment and then lowered his head until his lips were almost touching mine. “We fuck, we have fun, and then we spoon. I don’t go home. I don’t go home because sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up, and when I wake up, I want to fuck. And for some baffling reason, the person I want to fuck is you. Now, I’m only going to say this once more time. Go to sleep.

Part of the story is Joss going to see a therapist. Her biggest hang up is talking about her family and she freely admits and recognizes she is damaged and needs help. During these therapy sessions, she tries to work through her issues and come to terms with her demons.
Even though she stays in denial of her issues most of the book, these therapy sessions do help eventually. Some of them were very serious and some of them were funny. I really thought this part of the story was important and added more depth to the storyline.

I really enjoyed reading Joss’ journey to finding love and happiness. This book was so much fun. It had some seriously funny moments with the flirty banter between Braden and Joss and also Joss’ inner monologue had me cracking up at times. I really didn’t expect to like this book so much but I absolutely loved it. I love unexpected surprises like this! I did want a little more out of the epilogue, mainly to find out more about Ellie and Adam. So, I’m crossing my fingers that Miz Young is going to write another book. I did read on her blog that she has something in the works!

 

Thoughts While Reading:

43.0% - "Phew! Braden's Scottish burr is doing a number on my libido...this book is delicious!"

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.