Review: Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy

AMAZON | KINDLE

Second Chance Boyfriend (Drew + Fable #2) by Monica Murphy
Contemporary / New Adult
Monica Murphy (April 9, 2013)

Rating: B
Heat: Warm

Heroine: Fable McGuire – Mature, Waitress
Hero: Drew Callahan – Broken, Football Player


 

 

Synopsis:


Review:

Drew. Drew, Drew, Drew. My heart bleeds for you. When you were given that horrible little bit of information from that wicked bitch of a stepmother, aka Adele, my heart hurt. I wanted to vomit... and cry. I've read a few broken hero's but that was... bad. So, when you did what you did at the end, I got it. I understood. You turned my insides into a marshmallow but I kind of liked it.

But now, what the crap dude? Nut up already. Don't get me wrong, I still want to hold you and pet you and rock you back and forth... but now you're hurting you and Fable. Fix this! ASAP!

That was a bit of my heart to heart with Drew around 24% in. I love him but dang. He had me wanting to smack him and hug him at the same time. Thankfully, he does listen to what I had to say…

Because I absolutely loved Drew and Fable's romance in One Week Girlfriend. How, even though it was pretend, they got so caught up in each other. Irreversibly tangled together. Real emotions grew between them before they could even fake them. What Drew and Fable go through in that one week… you know they're meant to be. The promise of forever is there. In Second Chance Boyfriend, they have to work—fight—to make that promise a reality. And it isn't easy. At all. Their insecurities and vulnerabilities keep tripping them up. But, oh, each small step forward is so sweet and means so much.

Drew and Fable are just awesome. Complicated and real and relatable. I was so proud that Drew, who is screwed up so bad emotionally, sought help. After so many years of denial and guilt, he's working on letting it go. Ridding himself of the poison that is Adele. And Fable, she's my girl. Kindred spirits. Independent and mature beyond her age, she's finally started to grow some self-esteem. Realizes she's worth something. She deserves more and she doesn't have to accept the way her mom or anyone else treats her. These two have come along way in a short amount of time.

Second Chance Boyfriend will have you cheering and crying. It was emotional and dramatic. Sexy and sweet. And, after the hell Drew and Fable had to endure, it was happy. All I ever wanted for these two is happy… and they get it.

And even though I had a hard time figuring Fable's boss out, I hope that his book is next! Colin was kind of odd, kind of sweet. I'd love for him and Jen to get a story. I think they'd have a good one to tell. Grief and heartache to get over - together.

Favorite Quote:

Her laughter dies. “Are you jealous?”
”When it comes to you? Always.” I slip my hand beneath the lace top, trace my fingers along her stomach. She sucks in a breath, her skin quivering beneath my touch, and I surge my hand up, until I’m playing with the clasp of her bra. “You’re mine. You know that right?”
She nods slowly, her gaze never leaving mine. “I—I wasn’t sure. After what happened between us. I always wanted to be yours but you left me.”
"I close my eyes for the briefest moment, angry for making this beautiful, perfect girl doubt herself for even a second. “I’ve hurt you and I hate that. I’m going to make it up to you, Fable. I swear it.”

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.