Review: Rebecca’s Lost Journals, Volume 2: The Contract by Lisa Renee Jones

KINDLE

Rebecca’s Lost Journals, Volume 2: The Contract (Inside Out Novellas #2) by Lisa Renee Jones
Contemporary / Suspense
Pocket Star (February 18, 2013)

Rating: B+
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Rebecca Mason – Art Intern, Discovering Herself
Hero: The Mysterious Master – Dominant, Kinky


*Rebecca’s Lost Journals are companion novellas to the Inside Out trilogy. Read my review of the first book, If I Were You, here! Read my review of Volume 1: The Seduction here.

 

 

Synopsis:


Review:

The contract: will she or won't she? That's the question left to us at the end of the last installment. And by the end of this one, we get our answer...

But the journey to get to Rebecca's answer is not so easy. Because the contract has some rules and stipulations that Rebecca isn't sure she can handle. So her Master decides to break her in a little bit. Give Rebecca a taste of what she can expect with him. And, oh, it is tasty!

While Rebecca and her Master are figuring each other out and getting their kink on, we get to see glimpses of Mark and Chris. Some strange behavior from Rebecca's co-worker Mary. We're shown a side of Ricco that he seems to only have around Rebecca...

And I still have not one darn solid clue as to who her Master is! Not one. I'm completely wishy-washy. One minute I'm sure it's Chris (which would break my heart). Then the next I've got my eye on Mark (which would be pretty hot and sexy... if Rebecca is still alive and/or her Master is not the one responsible for her disappearance). And, of course, in the back of my head I'm convinced it's Ricco (he's the wild card for me, since he's the character we still know the least about).

I just don't know! And that kills me! *shakes fist!* I want answers. I need answers! Where are the answers?!

Once again, Miss Fabulous Lisa Renee Jones has masterfully strung us along with another engaging and cryptic installment. She tortures me with these journals... but I like it. Frustration aside, I do enjoy the long tease. Keep it coming!

Favorite Quote:

And here I am, sitting at my kitchen table in my oh-so-glamour cotton PJs and eating cereal. With the contract next to me. The one thing I keep thinking is that when I was with my would-be "Master," I felt beautiful. I felt safe. I felt like I was his world. I had an escape from things like today's stresses.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.