One Night Stand: Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis

AMAZON | KINDLE

Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor) by Jill Shalvis
Contemporary
2012-07-31 (Forever)

Rating: A
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Grace Brooks – Big Heart, Banker/Dog Walker/Nanny
Hero: Josh Scott– Doctor, Father
Setting: Washington, USA



Synopsis:


Review:

Sexy, funny, amazing! I always feel so at home with the Lucky Harbor residents.

Forever and a Day is the sixth book in the Lucky Harbor series and my favorite in the series. I didn’t think that was possible after reading The Sweetest Thing because I absolutely adored Tara and Ford’s book. But alas, Shalvis wrote another wonderful story that stole my heart. Move over Ford, I think I’m in love with Dr. Josh Scott.

Grace Brooks ends up in Lucky Harbor by chance after quitting her banking job where her boss expected “extra” benefits. The first night she came into Lucky Harbor, she meets her BFF’s Mallory (Lucky in Love) and Amy (At Last) where they form friendships over chocolate and call themselves Chocoholics. She decides to stay in Lucky Harbor to have some fun until she finds the ideal job that will meet the standards of her overachieving parents. While living in Lucky Harbor and looking for a “real” job, Grace has been doing odd jobs from delivering flowers to modeling for art classes.

Josh Scott is an ER doctor and runs his late father’s medical practice. He’s a father to a rambunctious five year old son and caregiver to his angry 21 year old wheel chair bound sister who he can’t seem to find middle ground with. He’s overworked and overwhelmed. As a result, he has no time for a life until he hires Grace as his dog walker.

I think one of the reasons I loved this book so much is because Grace and Josh are a great pairing. They both knew where they stood when they met. Right away they formed a friendship and were up front and honest about not wanting to get into a serious relationship but it was obvious the chemistry they have between each other couldn’t be ignored. Josh has always been use to carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. So when Grace intervenes to take care of him, he is unsure how to handle her kindness where usually the people in his life have left him. Grace has such a big heart. She is open to new ideas but is confused by what her true happiness should be. It’s obvious she struggles with her feelings on finding a good job to impress her parents over being happy with a simple life living in Lucky harbor where the quirky residents are more her family than her own. These two characters struggle with family responsibilities throughout the book. They both want something different in their life but have a hard time letting go what holds them back.

By far, this is the funniest book in the series. Josh and Grace are flirtatious and have fun together. This couple has an easy way about them. It felt natural for them to be attracted to one another. And oh my, the sexy times were hot, sensual, and passionate.

“I’m not feeling gentle,” he warned.
“I don’t need gentle.” She smiled at him. “Remind me sometime to show you my sexual fantasy list. It’s quite comprehensive. In fact, you in your scrubs are on it. Being not gentle.”
He groaned.
“We played doctor. And in a variation, I get to be the doctor.”

The side characters are always so well-written in these books. I appreciated Anna’s story. It brought a different level to the overall plot. She struggles with being a paraplegic not knowing how to live a life without her legs. I really adored Josh’s wild child son Toby who would bark instead of speaking and is obsessed with Star Wars. These two characters are obviously loved by Josh but needed a little bit more TLC at home. And Grace – who I like to call Saving Grace – with her big heart helps guide this family in finding the happiness and comfort they’ve been missing.

I absolutely, no doubt in my mind love this book. If you are a fan of Jill Shalvis, don’t miss this one! I really hope we get more Lucky Harbor books. I will devour those too!

 

Thoughts While Reading:

14.0% - "this one has started out fabulous so far!"

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.