Twice As Nice: Paula’s Take on The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

AMAZON | KINDLE

The Siren (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany Reisz
Contemporary / Erotica
2012-05-01 (Mira)

Rating: A+
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Nora Sutherlin – Writer, Kinky
Hero: Zach Easton – Editor, Vanilla
Hero: Wesley – College Student, Roommate
Hero: Soren – Religious, Dominant
Setting: Connecticut, USA



Synopsis:


Review:

Powerful and provocative! This is the most extreme erotic romance I’ve ever read. The Siren blew me away.

I have to agree with a lot of reviewers, this is not a love story but it is about love and so much more than just sex. It’s about finding out who you are and acceptance. This story is deeply layered and has some of the most complicated and unforgettable characters I’ve ever read. I felt like a drug addict needing another fix when it ended.

This story has four major players with multiple storylines that are all linked together by one woman.

Nora…the siren and the goddess, the ship and the wine-dark sea. She would either save him or end him.

Nora Sutherlin began writing bestselling erotic romance novels as an outlet for her pain and loss after ending a 13 year relationship with her lover, Soren. To support her lifestyle, because the advances on her books don’t pay as much, she works as a professional Dominatrix. This is a complex woman who is reckless at times, bold, and beautiful. She’s into extreme S&M where she finds it soothing and therapeutic. Some of the things Nora does in this book made me extremely uncomfortable but her cheeky and daring personality won me over. You may think you know Nora but there are many layers to this woman, to where she only allows you to see what she wants you to see. Underneath those layers, you will find a broken and hurt woman who loves immensely.

Nora’s latest book is personal. She leaves her old editor for Zachary Easton, a hard ass who rips her book to shreds but will reshape her writing and book into more than just a “guttersnipe” erotic romance author.

Zach transferred to New York to work at Royal House Publishing to work as an editor after his marriage failed. At first, he is reluctant to read Nora’s book. He doesn’t do romance and he’s heard the rumors about this bold and charismatic woman. He eventually relents but gives her a grueling deadline of six weeks and will not sign her contract until he’s read the last page of the book. Nora is instantly drawn to this man, but could tell right away that he is deeply hurting. So, when Zach took on Nora’s book, he also took on Nora. Slowly but surely, Nora unravels this man and his secrets.

Nora has formed a unique friendship with nineteen year-old Wesley, who is also her roommate. I think I loved Wesley the best in this story. He is so wonderful and so sweet and so in love with Nora. This broke my heart. These are two very different people from different worlds and could never be together because they couldn't give what the other person needs. Wesley is light and Nora is dark. He accepts almost everything Nora could throw at him, but he could never accept Soren.

“If you come back to me, will you run or will you crawl?“
“I’ll fly.” Nora shook her head, tried to forget how much she still wanted him.

Soren is Nora’s Kryptonite. Being her first and true love, she’s unable to actually leave or forget him. I have severe mixed feelings about Soren. Nora loves him and sees him as someone who is strong and kind and…holy moly…a good (highlight for spoiler)[Priest who loves his congregation.] But he has some deep and dark desires that I will never understand. There were times in the book where I started, or at least tried, to understand why Nora loved him but then he would something so shocking; my opinion of him would be thrown off balance. I admittedly do not know how NOT to judge him. He obviously has a talent for reading people and his methods are untraditional but effective in helping people. So I admit, I may not have any love for Soren, but I do have respect with the way he helped Zach and Michael.

This is a well-written, thought provoking book. But I will warn you though, it is disturbing. You will be pushed beyond your comfort zones. There are parts of this book that made me cringe and extremely uneasy to the point that I felt disgusted. What does that say about me that I was thoroughly captivated by this book? Perhaps, it just means I’m open-minded and like to push the boundaries of my reading material.

I’m looking forward to having my heart ripped out again in Tiffany Reisz’s next book, The Angel.

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

Letitia's Review:

Click here for another take on The Siren!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.