Twice as Nice: Paula’s Take on The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

AMAZON | KINDLE

The Angel (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany Reisz
Contemporary / Erotica
2012-09-25 (Harlequin MIRA)

Rating: A+
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Nora Sutherlin - Writer, Switch 
Hero: Soren Stearns - Priest, Sadist
Hero: Michael Dimir - Teenager, Masochist
Hero: Griffin Fiske - Trust Fund Baby, Dominant 
Hero: Wesley Railey - College Student, Virgin 
Setting: New York, USA



Synopsis:


Review:

My world has been officially rocked and I’m reveling in it! I’ve never been happier to be scandalized in my life. This book is splendid, brilliantly layered with complex and vivid characters. I absolutely loved everything about this book.

“Michael, Eleanor is without a doubt the most beautiful woman who has ever or will ever live. If you could take a nighttime thunderstorm and turn it into a woman, you would have a very good idea what she looks like. And a fairly good idea how she behaves as well.” -Soren

Nora Sutherlin is the most exciting heroine I’ve ever read. She’s witty, intelligent, sexy, beautiful, and when it comes to sex, she’s an open book. As an erotica romance author, she doesn’t just do research, she is the research. As a matter of fact, her characters sex life might be more vanilla than her own sex life. I’m enthralled by this woman who can freely talk sex to anyone and everyone. And she loves to horrify people with the way she is so flippant about sex.

“If it’s an abomination, it’s because you’re doing it wrong. Bear down hard, then relax. It’ll fit better.”

I had a hard time understanding Nora’s relationship with Soren in The Siren. I didn’t understand why she would praise him by saying, “he’s the best man I know.” The Siren had gaps in the storyline. We didn’t get to know Soren at all, so it left me feeling terrified of this man who I thought was extremely manipulative and abusive. Luckily, and I definitely feel lucky, The Angel filled in those gaps and gave us Soren’s story and so much more than I could’ve imagined.

Soren seemed perfectly calm right now, his face a mask of utter serenity. But she knew him like no one else did. Under the surface of his placid demeanor rippled dark, dangerous and barely restrained desires.

Ah, Soren… I have never been more satisfied to be wrong about a character. You might think that I’ve lost my mind but I freely admit I have fallen for a Sadist Priest. The more I got to know Soren, the more fascinating and perfect he became. His compassion, kindness and unconditional love is astounding. He’s intelligent and perceptive and uses manipulation as a tool to help guide and heal people. His relationship with Nora is complicated but one of the most freeing and selfless relationships I’ve ever read. It’s obvious their love is deep and passionate by the way they are willing to make sacrifices for one another. Soren might control Nora in the bedroom (by her choice, of course) but outside the bedroom, he never tries to suppress Nora’s big personality and spirit. He wants her to spread her wings and fly. I am simply amazed by this man. I might also be a bit obsessed as well. Without Soren, this story would not have come full circle.

“My confession begins," Father S said, "as the confessions of many men begin - with three words"
"Father forgive me?" Michael hazarded a guess. Father S sighed.
"I met Eleanor.”

The author creates well-developed secondary characters. I knew this would be Michael’s story but I didn’t expect Griffin to play a vital role in his story too. I saw the attraction from the very beginning and it delighted me to see where the author was taking the story. The broken Michael we met in The Siren learns to be more confident and accepting of himself. It was gripping to see him grow into a strong and more vivid Michael. Griffin was an unexpected character. Wow! Griffin is so sweet and so caring and also sexy and very playful. He comes across as a spoiled trust fund baby/play boy but he is completely misunderstood. He wants to love someone and in his own words to “take care of them and spoil them.” Griffin is amazing with the way he handles Michael with care and patience. And as the attraction grew between them, Michael could no longer hold back his feelings or thoughts. His heartfelt confession to Nora bowled me over with his love and feelings. I never wanted two people to be together more in my life!

"Many Waters..."

 

We get a little bit of Wesley in the story and now I’m confused. The author has made me fall for both men who are totally opposite from one another. I don’t want to see her give up either one. This may be wishful thinking, but maybe Nora can have both? Hint hint, Miz Reisz.

And then we have Suzanne – a reporter who loses her faith in the church after her brother commits suicide. When she is given a tip there may be a discrepancy with Father Stearns at the Sacred Hearts Church, she decides to investigate thinking that Father S is a child molester. In the process of her investigation, she not only uncovers the truth about Soren but she is forced to face her own bitterness and sadness over her brother’s death.   

All of the characters play a vital role in this story. Michael, Griffin, Soren, Nora, Wesley, Suzanne and even Kingsley – I do hope we get more of him in the next book. I love that we got subtle glimpses of Kingsley and Soren when they were younger. I’ve become quite fond of Kingsley since reading the novella, Submit to Desire. We even get little bits and pieces of Zach and Grace. I am utterly and completely captivated by every single character. I deeply feel all of their experiences of love, loss, pain, laughter, sexy and erotic moments. That is damn good writing!

I honestly DID NOT want The Angel to end. And I did NOT want Soren to be selfless and kind and perfect at the end – which is a 180 from how I felt at the end of The Siren. I feel traumatized that I can’t read The Prince right away. Tiffany Reisz YOU ARE THE WOMAN!

 

Thoughts While Reading:

60.0% - "Holy crap...I LOVE THIS BOOK."

1 comment:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.