One Night Stand: Effortless by S.C. Stephens

AMAZON | KINDLE

Effortless (Thoughtless #2) by S.C. Stephens
Mature YA / Contemporary
2012-08-16 (Gallery)

Rating: A
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Kiera – College Student
Hero: Kellan – Rock Star 
Setting: Washington, USA



Synopsis:


Review:

I devoured Effortless. The tone of this book is different from Thoughtless. I didn't feel near as frustrated and angry, but that doesn't mean this book lacked in the emotional department. This book is more about trust and growth. How can two people who committed the ultimate betrayal against someone they love, be with each other, learn to trust each other?

When Kellan's band, The D-Bags, get an offer to go on tour, Kiera and Kellan will have to learn to trust one another since love doesn't always hold a relationship together when your miles apart. Kellan will need to know that in his absence, Kiera will not become insecure and lonely and turn to someone else to fill the void. And Kiera will need to trust Kellan to not go back to his playboy ways and cheat on her.

Kiera grew so much as a person in this book. She learns to cope with Kellan's absence in more positive ways. That's not saying that she didn't miss him, or not feel jealous at times, but she didn't resort to leaning on someone else. She found a great support system in her friends and sister. She made new friends at school. It was nice to see Kiera coming into her own. I love her relationship with her sister Anna. They have a great support system. Anna and Griffin's relationship cracks me up. I have to admit, I kind of like the D-Bag. LOL

Kellan also grew in this book. With an unhappy childhood, he has never had anyone in his life to love him the way Kiera does, so it was hard for him to leave on tour and not worry that she will leave him. I liked that Kiera was the one that actually pushed him to go and live his dream. Very sweet scene in the book that brought tears to my eyes.

I really enjoyed K/K's sweet and tender moments. In Kellan's absence, he left notes for Kiera to find all over the place. When she least expected it, she would come across these little notes.

“But, if for some reason we're not closer, if something has gotten between us, please, I'm begging you…don't give up on me. Stay. Stay with me. Work it out with me. Just don't leave me…please.”

Siiigh, can I have Kellan for myself?

I laughed and smiled more while reading this book. I did feel some frustration with their lack of communication, but the passion and love between K/K kept me sane during those frustrating moments. The ending was tied up nicely. There was closure and new positive doors were opened.

I can't wait for the next book!

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.