Quickie: Captive in the Dark by CJ Roberts

AMAZON | KINDLE

Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet #1) by CJ Roberts
Erotica 
2011-08-12 (Neurotica Books)

Rating: A
Heat: Not really applicable. Very dark subject matter.

Heroine: Livvie Ruiz – Captive, Survivor 
Hero: Caleb – Kidnapper, Vigilante 
Setting: Mexico



Synopsis:

Review:

This book has been reviewed, a lot, and reviewed well. But, for the sake of not simply saying 'Read it! You'll be a lot of things after, but disappointed won't be one of them', here is my two cents:

Captive in the Dark is a mercurial novel. That is the best way I can think to describe it. As you read it, your feelings and opinions are constantly changing—always in a state of flux. It tears you apart then builds you up. It turns you on and then turns you WAY off. It makes you hate Caleb and then he nestles inside your heart. The only constant is Livvie. No matter what she feels, right or wrong, you're there with her. You don't - can't - judge her or her emotions or her actions. You just can’t.

I absolutely loved how Miz Roberts managed to constantly have my guts twisting and my heart pitter-pattering. I was up and then I was down. I was excited and then horrified. There was no resting, no peace. And there were long stretches I actually forgot to breathe.

This is not a book you want to miss. Don’t pass it over, even if it scares you. Read it.

For Paula’s more in-depth review, click here!

Favorite Quote:

I wanted to stay here forever, held tight to his chest, his fingers stroking my hair, his heart beating against my ear: you're-safe, trust-me, love-you. Love. Did I want him to love me? Yes. I wanted someone to love me.


Thoughts While Reading:

0.0% - "Nervously excited to read this one!"
46.0% - "I literally forgot to breathe for a while there."
72.0% - "I... am... speechless."
100.0% - "Thank goodness the second book is out already!"

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.