Twice as Nice: Letitia’s Take on One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean

AMAZON | KINDLE

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2) by Sarah MacLean
Historical
Avon (January 29, 2013)

Rating: A+
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Philippa Marbury – Scientist, Betrothed
Hero: Jasper ‘Cross’ Arlesy – Part Owner of The Angel, Earl
Setting: England



Synopsis:


Review:

Pippa Marbury, two weeks away from her wedding day, is unsettled. As a lady who is both inquisitive and driven by a thirst for knowledge, she is hesitant to take her marriage vows. There are a few parts to the vows that she isn’t sure about, particularly the parts having to do with satisfying ‘men's carnal lusts and appetites.’ In the pursuit of being able to truthfully and honestly say her vows, she seeks out a research associate who can explain all things carnal to her.

And who better to teach her than Cross? Part-owner of The Angel and a notorious rake. One said to be able to remove a lady’s clothes without even touching her. But there is more to Cross than society is aware. The man is brilliant. Conflicted. Plagued by a guilty conscience. And so he hides away in his office, behind his columns of numbers. Until Pippa shows up… asking him to ruin her. Which he wants absolutely no part in.

And thus begins their hilarious battle of wills and intellect. Pippa and Cross were so refreshing and fascinating. They’re both spirited and strong-willed and passionate. I loved how they are extremely cerebral and their relationship plays out like a chess match. A chess match that unfolds like a long tortuous tease, the tension and their desires growing with each play. Their chemistry was a palpable thing and it had me hanging on every word.

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover completely blew me away. The dialogue was smart and witty. The characters were brilliant. Miz MacLean has truly amazed me with this book—it’s her best and most breathtaking work to date! I am not kidding. I felt every word. Every touch. Every emotion. And I fell madly in love with Cross. The man is an unparalleled seducer! There is one part where he is being particularly bossy about Pippa’s clothes… and I found my hand reaching up to my own buttons to obey him!

I’m going to have to do a reread of this one ASAP. August is so far away and I’m going to need another Scoundrel fix while I wait for Temple’s book!

Favorite Quote:

“My other ladies?” he pressed.
”Miss Sasser… Lady Dunblade… any others you have lying about,” she said, pausing at the visual her words brough about and not particularly enjoying it. “At any rate, I am unlike them.”
”You are unlike any woman I have ever known.”
The words stung. “What does that mean?”
”Only that most women do not frustrate me quite so much.”
”How interesting, as I have never met a man who exasperates me quite so much.”

Thoughts While Reading:

18.0% - "I love a smart heroine :-)"
59.0% - "Wow, Cross, you are... an expert seducer."
76.0% - "My heart is breaking too, Pippa."

Paula’s Review: Click here for another take on One Good Earl Deserves a Lover!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.