Twice as Nice: Paula’s Take on Hot Ticket By Olivia Cunning

AMAZON | KINDLE

Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour #3) by Olivia Cunning
Erotica / Contemporary 
Sourcebooks Casablanca (February 5, 2013)

Rating: C+
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Aggie – Dominatrix, Big Heart
Hero: Jace Seymour – Bassist, Wounded 
Setting: On the road touring, USA



Synopsis:


Review:

“I don’t want you to take my pain, Aggie. I need it.”

Jace Seymour – quiet, closed off, dark, and tortured by his past. He needs pain to feel, pain to be stimulated in bed, and pain to make his guilt and anguish go away. While in Vegas at a strip club, he meets Mistress V, aka Aggie, who is a dominatrix. Her specialty is to beat the crap out of grown men, make them beg, and make them cry like babies. Or you could call it corporal punishment.

During Jace and Aggie’s first session together, Mistress V is unable to make Jace submit. This astonishes Aggie since she has yet to meet a client she couldn’t break. Aggie not only finds this extremely frustrating, but also very stimulating. Her personal rule is to not to get involved with the clients, but she’s intrigued by this mysterious, quiet man. She wants to break him open and learn all his secrets.

Jace has never met a woman who wasn’t afraid of his need for pain during sex. But Aggie is completely open to his needs and loves the biting, scratching, paddling, and intense sex. Beyond the BDSM, Jace finds himself highly attracted and drawn to this woman with a big heart and luscious curves.

As they continue to see each other in Vegas, they form a relationship even though Jace is afraid of commitment. He wants her, but is afraid to let her. He doesn’t think he’s good enough for her. However, Aggie doesn’t let Jace shy away from her. And, with lots of persistence, she finds a way to insert herself into his life.

When an accident leaves Jace unable to perform in the band, the Sinners ask the old bass player to fill in while Jace heals. The band is everything to Jace. His first love. Determined not to lose his spot, he goes on tour with the Sinners anyway. Aggie, feeling guilty for causing Jace's accident, wants to take care of him and ends up on tour with the Sinners.

“Your beauty steals my breath,” he murmured. “Your kiss steals mine.”

Jace and Aggie's journey is full of kinky sex, sexy bad boys, whips and chains, acceptance, and emotional healing. Aggie does a beautiful job helping Jace let go of his demons from the past. The poor guy went through so much. Aggie would make an excellent therapist. She’s a good listener, understanding, and emotionally connects with people. She’s also really good at giving spankings.

Jace and Aggie’s relationship is not only sweet and tender, but the chemistry was fierce. Sizzling. Jace is very good at teasing and stimulating during foreplay, he had Aggie demanding--no, screaming--to be taken. There was a scene with Eric, being his normal voyeuristic self, that made me want to turn the AC on in the house…in the middle of winter. Miz Cunning always writes some of the best kink-tastic sex scenes.

Why the low rating? Let me explain. I really did like Jace and Aggie. But I felt disconnected from the story and the characters. And the storyline was a little on the boring side, in my opinion. It was too easy for me to put the book down and read something else. I hate that I am in the minority here, when everyone else loved this book. It honestly makes me sad. But that doesn’t mean I don’t recommend this book, just because it didn’t work for me. And I’m still going to continue with this series. I’m already invested in the characters lives. I can’t wait to meet the woman who takes on Eric Sticks.

 

Letitia’s Review: Click here for another take on Hot Ticket!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and
    tell you I truly enjoy reading your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?
    Thanks!

    My web site :: exist

    ReplyDelete

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.