Review: Seize Me by Crystal Spears

KINDLE

Seize Me (Breakneck #1) by Crystal Spears
Contemporary
Crystal D. Spears Books (July 10, 2013)

Rating: C-
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Winter Belov – Russian Princess, Old Lady 
Hero: Braxxon Parker – MC President, Bad Ass


 

 

 

Synopsis:


Review:

***WARNING FROM AUTHOR *** This novel contains explicit language, sex, drugs, abuse and sexual situations.

I love hot biker books that are dark, shocking, intense, and even repulsive. I read the author’s warning, which is why I wanted to read this book. I love being pushed out of my comfort zone. But I had big issues with the way the story is executed.

Winter Belov’s family is the Russian mafia. The Russian princess fell in love with one of her father’s men and then was forced to watch her father put a bullet in his head. Heartbroken and mentally broken, the first opportunity she gets, she runs away with her lifesavings. Winter becomes an exotic dancer in Las Vegas, determined to never fall back into that kind of lifestyle ever again. She lives with her best friend, Lana, who is also an exotic dancer. They were both working one night when Pyro, the VP of the Breakneck MC, propositions Winter. He wants her to perform for the MC President on his birthday. Winter accepts and takes Lana with her.

Meeting Braxxon Breaker was everything Winter didn’t want in her life. He’s a manwhore, sexy as sin, and a criminal who runs drugs and will torture and kill his enemies. But her fate was sealed the moment she laid eyes on the very sexy, very alpha, very dangerous man who makes her pulse pound, her knees weak with lust, and her panties wet. The same goes with Braxxon. The moment he saw the sexy, golden-eyed erotic dancer in angel wings, he knew he was never letting his Angel go. Ever.

Life in the MC is a ruthless and dangerous world full of whores, drugs, guns, and enemies. The Breakers have a rival MC, who wants to take over the Breakers territory because it's loaded with wealth. That is not the only reason the rival gang wants the land. Vengeance factors into their reasons too. So, when Lana and Winter were on the way to the club to perform, they broke down in enemy territory and Pyro had to come rescue them on Snake’s turf. What happens from here? Well, the shit hits the fan. This couple goes through hell and pretty much stays there with all of the unfortunate events that happen… kidnapping, rape, bloodshed, revenge, betrayal, cheating, grief, and heartbreak.

It’s hard for me to write this review because I didn’t completely hate this story, but I didn’t love it either. Unfortunately, this story has a lot of flaws that really stood out and made it hard for me to completely enjoy it. The tone of the story didn’t really match the heavy subjects that happened in it. Some of the dialogue felt immature and silly. It all felt so rushed and overwhelming. The events in this book happened way to fast. I wish the events that happened in this story were stretched out over a longer length of time.

This relationship has a bad case of insta-love. I didn’t really understand what made this couple fall for each other so fast. The relationship needed development. The plot was so full of drama and violence that there was no room for relationship development. There was no room for characterization. I’m not sure any relationship that starts out the way this one did could’ve withstood the horrible events Winter was subjected to. Yes, she did survive it. She came out a stronger woman because of it. The woman we were first introduced to in the beginning of the story was no more. Winter became a bad ass biker chick. I admired her for it. But I had a hard time believing in this relationship and the events that happened afterwards felt unrealistic.

Seize Me is full of crazy, very dramatic, extremely violent, and hot and steamy. It's an emotional rollercoaster ride that is entertaining if you can overlook some of the flaws. While I had many issues with this story, I still think this story has great potential. I liked the MC world Crystal Spears has created. I liked the characters. I especially liked one character in particular named Shadow. He has sparked my interest and I do want to read his story.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.