Review: Seduce by Missy Johnson

KINDLE

Seduce (Beautiful Rose 0.5) by Missy Johnson
Contemporary
Missy Johnson (August 8, 2013)

Rating: B+
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Annabelle Gale – Mystery Girl, Waitress 
Hero: Jack Falcon – Manwhore, Millionaire


 

 

 

Synopsis:


Review:

Meet Jack Falcon…

Girls were checking me out like they always did. At least I didn’t have to go through the hassle of wooing one of them, pretending to be someone I wasn’t. I already knew I was taking one home with me, I just wasn’t sure which one it would be. That was the beauty of being an attractive, rich bachelor who was regularly in the news: all I had to do was smile and the panties started dropping.

Isn’t he charming? This is the egotistical and jaded Jack I was first introduced to in the beginning of the story. Jack is the CEO of his father’s company and makes millions every year. He’s Britain’s most eligible bachelor and the ultimate manwhore. He screws women and leaves them without a second thought. He gives more respect to his cat Mr. Jeffries than he does the women he sleeps with. He works hard but parties harder. The partying and women all stem from having a loveless relationship with his father and being abandoned by his mother. He’s angry and fears intimacy. Truthfully, Jack doesn’t like his life. He’s a mess. His life is a mess. Then he meets Annabelle Gale while eating at a diner one night. She captivated him the moment he saw her.

Belle is not what you see is what you get. She is a mystery to Jack and to the reader. At first, Belle gives Jack the run around. She does to Jack what he’s done to so many women: she sleeps with him and then disappears. Now Jack has come to think that Karma is pissed at him. Jack’s been seduced by Belle and now an unfamiliar feeling has arisen: want. He wants her bad. There is something about this girl that makes him want, no - NEED, to chase her and make her his. Yet he’s the one that’s been caught by the beautiful girl with the free spirit and feisty attitude.

I barely knew this girl, yet the thought of never seeing her again made me angry.
Fuck, I did have feelings. Who knew?

But Belle is keeping a secret that would make things extremely complicated between them. And once this secret is revealed, Jack must decide how to proceed. It’s a delicate situation that could make his life hell. But hell is looking good every time he’s around her. They end up developing an intense relationship where they both fall hard for one another - even with the complexity of the situation hanging over their heads. And, to make things even more complicated, Jack fears he is going to ruin her if she stays with him. Jack continues to struggle with his issues. He wants to give Belle everything but doesn’t know how to let go of his inner demons that plague him every day.

This story is told from Jack’s POV and what an interesting and well-done POV is it. Jack describes himself in a bitter yet humorous tone as the ultimate womanizing asshole. I loved him immediately. He is suffering from emotional issues that cause him to be cynical about life. It was obvious that his life felt empty and that he needed someone to love him hard and to show him what he’s worth. And that’s exactly what Belle does for him. Belle accepted him and understood him. Belle’s fun-loving and laid back personality made Jack’s head spin with want. And her sexiness made his head spin with need. She’s the female version of Jack and exactly what he needed in his life. The chemistry between them is fierce. And the sex between them is sexy as hell. There is no doubt they get each other and belong together. So, even though the odds were against them, there was no way they could stay away from each other. They needed each other like they needed air to breathe.

Unfortunately, Jack has a way with messing things up. I anticipated something was going to happen for most of the story but then, suddenly, this story took me in a direction that struck me speechless. First I was angry and then I was a blubbering mess. My heart was shredded.

I don’t want the reader to go into this book anticipating something the entire time they read. Just go with the flow and meet Jack Falcon. You won’t be able to stop yourself from falling in love with him, even with all his flaws and asshole ways. Underneath the façade, you will find that this man is definitely redeemable and a loveable hero.

Seduce blew me away with the clever writing and the surprising twist. What starts out as a humorous and cynical story turns into a passionate, shocking, heartbreaking, and beautiful tale about two people from different worlds that fall madly in love. I was mesmerized by Jack and Belle’s story. They made me swoon and melt with the intensity of their relationship. I was taken aback by the emotional turmoil I felt. And the sex in this book is off the charts hot and spicy. This book isn’t perfect. There are flaws that stuck out to me but, in my opinion, not worth mentioning. I highly recommend reading this prequel to the Beautiful Rose series. I’m stoked to read the next book, Beautiful Rose.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.