Review: Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

AMAZON | KINDLE

Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard #1) by Christina Lauren
Erotica  
Gallery Books (February 12, 2013)

Rating: B+
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Chloe Mills - Determined, Smart
Hero: Bennett Ryan - Bastard, Pantry-ripper




Review:

Well, hello there Mr. Ryan! I don’t know who I was expecting, but it definitely wasn’t you. I can honestly say I’ve never met a hero who is as big of an ass as Bennett Ryan… where I actually liked that about him. Who knew I’d like that a hero acts like a bastard?!

Our heroine, Chloe Mills, is a hardworking and determined intern at Ryan Media. She has goals and ambitions and is smart as a whip. She’s also forced to put up with Mr. Bennett Ryan, which not an easy task at all. Thankfully, Chloe is quite the pistol and gives it as good as she gets it. Which is saying something because she has to put up with a lot.

Because Bennett Ryan is a dick. A hard ass. He’s demanding and uncompromising. He also has volume control and tonal issues and a penchant for slamming doors. But he is all bark and no bite. Trying to cover up the weakness he has for his sexy assistant. A weakness he doesn’t want and bothers him like a thorn in his side.

Chloe and Bennett make for a combustible combination. They are constantly pushing and prodding and antagonizing one another. So it came as no surprise when, eventually, all that angry tension boiled over. And, oh, it will set your insides to simmering. Bennett makes uptight and irritable look damn sexy. That man can rip my panties anytime.

But even though the chemistry is there between them, it's still all very volatile. Unstable. Neither one wants to be the one to give in or back down. It won't be easy for these two at all. Because, personality clashing aside, there is also the boss/subordinate dynamic. By being with Bennett, Chloe’s putting her career on the line. Is the risk worth the reward?

I loved watching as Chloe and Bennett go from rubbing each other the wrong way, to rubbing each other in all the really good ways. Because these two are hot for each other and it shows. I also enjoyed the fact that even though it had sex, sex, and more sex, there was also humor and heart. Chloe and Bennett had me laughing (oh my god, the things that come out of their mouths!) and, at the end, even a few tears leaked out.

Beautiful Bastard is a hot and heavy and extremely heated romance about two people who can’t stand each other. Chloe and Bennett make angry sex look like ridiculously good sex. I mean, who doesn't like no-holds-barred sex with a guy who knows how to push all your buttons? Especially that magic button down below.

Favorite Quote:

“This flirting is all well and good, but I mean it when I tell you, I cant have you leaving me again. It almost broke me."
My ribs seemed to squeeze all of the air out of my lungs at the thought. "I don't think I could. I don't want to be away from you again either."
"But you need to give me a chance to fix things when I screw up. You know I'm an ass sometimes."
"Sometimes?"
Growling, he whispered, "And I tear lingerie."
I pushed a curl off his forehead, "And hoard it. Don't forget the creepy hoarding.”

 

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.