Review: In Flight by R.K. Lilley

KINDLE

In Flight (Up In The Air #1) by R.K. Lilley
Erotica
R.K. Lilley (October 20, 2012)

Rating: B-
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Bianca Karlsson – Flight Attendant, Submissive 
Hero: James Cavendish – Businessman, Dominant 

 


 

Synopsis:


Review:

Bianca Karlsson has had a rough life and doesn't let people in easily. The only person in her inner circle is her best friend, her brother from another mother, Stephan. Stephan and Bianca both work as first class flight attendants. While working one day, she meets a Mr. James Cavendish and becomes captivated by the man and his promises of dark delights. Bianca's drawn in by his sensual threats of spankings… and so much more. But she's also scared of the cravings, the needs, that James is stirring up in her. Things that should feel wrong because of her past, but needs she has all the same.

James Cavendish is handsome, rich and incredibly dominant. He knows what he wants and what he wants is Bianca. Plain and simple. He sees how she responds to his words, his touch. When he shares his desires with her, he knows it sparks desire in her. He's also incredibly protective. What's his is his. Mr. Cavendish is also incredibly smart and I loved the way that he gets to know Bianca. Trading information about himself for information about her. A fact for a fact. Since Bianca has trouble sharing, it was a great way for him to get to know the real her.

And the more I knew about both of them, the more I liked them. Not that I didn't almost immediately love James and his dirty, filthy mouth because, oh, I did. The things he'd say, the demands he'd make… Mr. Cavendish is a naughty man and Bianca is one lucky woman. Plus there is the fact that their romance takes place a great deal at ten thousand feet in the air, or while the two are jet setting from one place to another. It added excitement and variation. Spice. Takes away some of the predictability and infuses some fun. These two join the mile high club in a fantastic way, let me tell you. And it may have made me want to buy a flight attendant costume…

But. Big but. There are 551 instances of 'just' in this book. Yes, I searched my Kindle for the exact number. That's almost 300 times more than in any other book I searched in. I wished so much that there was a search and delete option. You might think I'm being nitpicky but it appears in almost every paragraph. Nearly every third or fourth sentence. And it distracted me and annoyed me and almost forced me to DNF this at 12%. Eventually I trained myself to ignore all J-words... but it was a struggle.

In Flight is more than another kinky billionaire meets naïve virginal heroine erotica. Yes, James is rich and he has an affinity for bondage and spanking. Yes, Bianca is a virgin and naïve to matters relating to BDSM… but there is more to both than meets the eye. I'm looking forward to finding out what they're both hiding. The glimpses of Bianca's past are truly disturbing. Horrific. And what goes down around 82% has me more than a little pissed at James. His explanation is pretty weak. Can't wait to see where it all goes from here.

Favorite Quote:

“I’m going to fuck every part of your body. No part of you will be left untouched by me.”
”All tonight?” I gasped.
He laughed, giving me a wicked grin. Capricious man.
”No. There’s no rush. I plan to take my time, violating every inch of you.” With that ominous pronouncement, he began to thrust steadily.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.