Review: All of You by Christina Lee

KINDLE

All of You by Christina Lee
Contemporary / New Adult
InterMix (September 17, 2013)

Rating: C
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Avery Michaels – Nursing Student, Man-eater
Hero: Bennett Reynolds – Tattoo Artist, Virgin


 

 

 

Synopsis:


Review:

Promiscuous Heroine meets Virgin Hero – of course I would be drawn to this story like bees to honey. I love virgin heroes. Two of my all-time favorite books have virgin heroes. I really liked the idea that the roles were reversed in this story. And I liked the fact that Avery didn’t apologize for her promiscuous ways.

At a party one night, Avery zeroes in on Bennett Reynolds aka ‘Hot Boy’ from across the room. Like a lioness after her prey. She’s taking him home. But when Bennett doesn’t show any interest towards Avery, she feels rejected. That stung. Come to find out Bennett is her new neighbor. When Bennett intercepts someone trying to break into Avery’s apartment, they become friends.

Avery is a nursing student working on getting her RN degree at the local university. She doesn’t do commitments. She only does one-night-stands with no-strings attached. The men she sleeps with, whom she calls her fuck buddies, are a quick fix to sexual frustration. No emotional ties. Her issues with men stem from her childhood, when she was almost raped by her stepfather. She feels ruined. Her issues go even deeper because of her mother, who has always had a string of men come and go out of her life; always putting them before her children.

Bennett is a tattoo artist and comes from a similar background as Avery. They’re able to connect since they both come from broken homes. But the one thing they don’t have in common is the number of sexual partners. Bennett is a virgin and his philosophy on sex is the opposite of Avery’s. He wants to save himself for when he falls in love. He’s a commitment kind of guy. The first time Bennett sees Avery, he’s actually very attracted her. He sees something special in her that he’s drawn to. Bennett slowly starts to break down her defenses and shows her that being intimate with someone can be more than just a quick fix. It can beautiful… If only Avery could let go of her emotional baggage and let herself feel.

I adored Bennett. He’s super sexy, protective, patient, charming, and genuine. I admired him for standing by his beliefs. I could fall for a guy like Bennett. Avery is a likeable heroine. She’s strong but has a lot of emotional baggage, which is what this story is centered around. Bennett was the perfect guy to help her along her journey of finding herself again. Though, I wouldn’t have minded if the author went deeper into Bennett’s character. I like a hero with flaws. Instead, he was depicted as this nearly perfect guy.

Avery and Bennett have really good chemistry together that was prevalent right from the beginning. There is tons of lust that I definitely felt. The author does an excellent job with the sexual tension and the slow building romance, but I wanted more passion between them… more heart to the romance.

It was hard to rate this book, since I really liked the characters, but the story just wasn’t that interesting. With an intriguing blurb like that, I was hoping for more substance – I wanted to be wooed and wowed and emotionally impacted. Instead, I was left wanting more.

What didn’t work for me, might work for another person. This is a quick and light read that I do think a lot of readers will find enjoyable. The romance is very sweet and sexy and there is a happy ending that will make you say AWE. I KNOW the ladies are going to love Bennett. He is definitely swoon-worthy.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.