Fabulous Friday Recommendation: How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo

image
image       image

How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo
Contemporary
Sourcebooks Landmark (September 1, 2005)

Synopsis:

Written in her wonderfully honest, edgy, passionate and often hilarious voice, Tiffanie DeBartolo tells the story of Eliza Caelum, a young music journalist, and Paul Hudson, a talented songwriter and lead singer of the band Bananafish. Eliza's reverence for rock is equaled only by Paul's, and the two fall wildly in love.

When Bananafish is signed by a big corporate label, and Paul is on his way to becoming a major rock star, Eliza must make a heartbreaking decision that leads to Paul's sudden disappearance and a surprise knock-your-socks-off ending.

 

Why We Recommend It:

I picked up this book last year when I noticed it was on sale on Amazon. I had no idea I would be blown away by the honest, edgy, and poetic writing style. This book rocked my world!

This story is about chasing dreams, falling in love, heartbreak, finding yourself, and making choices. This book emotionally crushed me and left me feeling emotionally raw. Yet the ending was awesome.

Without a doubt, I loved Paul, the quirky, smart ass, intelligent, and sexy hero. The heroine is a bit frustrating, but I still have much love for her, even if she makes a whole lot of mistakes that will have you screaming at your Kindle. Paul and Eliza’s story is engaging. I was so captivated by their story I didn’t want this book to end.

“Break my heart? Is that what you just said? I have news for you; you didn't break my heart. My heart's fine. My heart's in the best shape of its life. You know what you did to me? You took an AK-47 and blew my soul open.”

 

Add How to Kill A Rockstar to your to-read shelf on Goodreads!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.