Quickie: Seven Day Loan by Tiffany Reisz

KINDLE

Seven Day Loan by Tiffany Reisz
Contemporary / Erotica
2010-12-01 (Spice Briefs)

Rating: A-
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Eleanor – Submissive, Kinky
Hero: Daniel – Widow, Recluse
Setting: USA



Synopsis:


Review:

I waivered on how to rate this story. It was a battle of quality versus quantity for me. Is it well written and gripping? Did I enjoy the heck out it? Unequivocally, yes. Is it an extremely short and quick read? Well, at 38 pages, I'd say so. But, ultimately, I had to give the story and Miz Reisz the props deserved. Because this story packs quite a wallop in those 38 pages.

And I loved seeing a younger, dare I say spunkier, Eleanor (our heroine from The Siren). What I wouldn’t give for another short set around this same time period – with more Soren. (Please?)

Sigh. Aherm. Anyway, as I was saying, this story focuses on twenty-three year old Eleanor and her seven days with Daniel, a man who hasn’t left his house once during the three years since his wife’s death. What those two can accomplish in a week is amazing. And hot as hades.

Miz Reisz wonderfully combines emotion with kink. Adds humor along with the bdsm elements (and doesn't sugar coat them, either). And even though she doesn't give us romance or even a HEA, I still want more... And so will you.

If you loved this short story, and haven't yet read The Siren - what are you waiting for?? The Siren is one of my favorite books of 2012. It still haunts me and consumes my thoughts.

Favorite Quote:

“So you,” she said, meeting his eyes, “are a librarian. What does that make me then? A seven-day loan?”
Daniel laughed as he set the book aside. He moved toward her and lightly gripped her knees.
“Seven-day loan… I’m not sure I like the thought of giving you back.”

 

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.