One Night Stand: Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec

AMAZON | KINDLE

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec
Contemporary
2012-06-22 (Tara Sivec)

Rating: B
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Claire Morgan – Mother, Bakes Penis Cookies 
Hero: Carter Ellis – Father, Phobia of Kids Poop 
Setting: USA



Synopsis:


Review:

This book is loaded with dirty humor and sexy times. What can I say, I loved it!

One night Claire and her best friend Liz go to a party and Claire makes it her mission to lose her virginity. When she meets a guy that she has a lot in common with, it's drunken lust for the rest of the night. No names are shared and the deed is done. Claire had made it clear that she never wanted kids but, sometimes, fate just isn't on your side. She's pregnant and has no idea what the father's name is. After searching for the guy and never finding him, she ends up going back home to live with her father to raise her child.

“I remember that night fondly. And by fondly, I mean with bitter resentment toward all things alcoholic and with a penis.”

Fast forward five years, Claire is a single mom raising a rambunctious and adorable son with a potty mouth that rivals her own. What she didn't expect is to find the father of her child in her bar one night.

Both Carter and Claire are extremely likeable and engaging characters. They are the perfect match. They both have a sarcastic and dirty sense of humor (which I love!), their favorite movie is Heathers (which I love!), and the chemistry is hot as hell between them. Oh my, takes me back to the chocolate scene. *fans self* And above all, the romance is very sweet and seeing Carter connect with the son he never new he had is heartwarming.

I love all of the characters in this story; Jim, Liz, George, and Drew. But I especially adore Gavin with his adorable craziness. The things that come out of his mouth reminded me of my own nephew who has no filter. This kid stole my heart with his constant use of wiener, boobs, nipples, and nuts. Yes, yes, I know, Karma will kick me in the arse when I have kids one day.

This story is from both Carter and Claire's POV which I enjoyed after I got over being thrown off a bit when I started reading a chapter and it was from Carter's POV. I had a severe WHAT? moment. I actually had to read the paragraph over a couple of times to understand that it wasn't Claire but Carter.

There were also some extremely over-the-top parts that I thought the author should have put the brakes on earlier, rather than keep going with it. I'm all about some snark but sometimes it can take the cheesy route if it's over done.

But, honestly, who cares about my complaints. This book had me laughing to the point I was snorting. I had to put my Kindle down several times to get it all out and wipe my eyes so I could continue with the story. I have never read a book where the word "vagina" is used so often. It cracked me up! Reading this book was a rockin' good time! I can't wait for the second book in the series.

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.