Quickie: Double Shot by Christine d'Abo

KINDLE

Double Shot (Long Shots #1) by Christine d'Abo
Erotica / Contemporary
2011-10-03 (Carina Press )

Rating: C+
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Sadie Long – Caterer, Shy
Hero: Paul Williams – Manager, Best Friend
Setting: Toronto, Canada

Books 1-3 of the Long Shots series is available in a discounted kindle bundle here.

Synopsis:


Warning:

This story has the usual m/f as well as m/f/m, and some brief moments of m/m/f, ménages.

Review:

“Hang on a second.” He covered the microphone of his cell and flashed her a grin. “I want you to think about my question.”
She frowned, tucking a loose lock of her hair behind her ear with a self-conscious pass.
”Question?”
”What is your fantasy? Because I really want to know.”

With that simple question, things between Sadie Long and Paul Williams go from ‘stuck in the friend zone’ to ‘where do we go from here?’ Sadie finally has her chance to explore her feelings for Paul after a decade of him always being in a relationship with someone other than her. And what better way to feel things out than while she caters a party for him at a sex club he manages?

The beginning of Double Shot ran a little long, focused quite a bit of attention on Sadie getting ready for the party and her internal thoughts, but I still enjoyed the build up. Getting to know Sadie herself.

Because I liked Sadie, a lot, even if that song played on a loop in my brain, in the background, every time her name was said: ‘Sadie, Sadie, married lady, that’s me!’ She was shy, bashful and completely oblivious to her own charms. Classic middle child with an older sister and younger brother with strong personalities. Sadie goes with the flow and blends in. So, it made me smile when she finally grows bolder and actually issues orders to Paul and Josh.

It didn’t feel like as much attention was paid to Paul and the development of who he is… But I still really liked him as a hero. There were quite a few sides to him shown in the last half that drew me to him. Particularly the side of him that involved some super hot m/m action.

I haven't read very many (okay, only two, I believe) ménages where there is actual male on male, but uh, this was hot. In fact, I wanted more. I wouldn't have minded one bit if there had been one more scene with Paul, Sadie, and Josh where Paul and Josh got a bit more physical… I might even be a bit disappointed that there wasn’t… Because, oh my gosh, I still flush when thinking about what Josh did with his tongue.

Double Shot is like a double shot of your favorite hard liquor. A wicked short story that will heat you up from the inside out.

Keep Reading: Click here to read my review for Shot in the Dark, the second book in the Long Shots series!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.