Twice as Nice: The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

AMAZON | KINDLE

The Prince by Tiffany Reisz
Contemporary / Erotica 
Harlequin MIRA (November 20, 2012)

Rating: A-
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Nora Sutherlin - Writer, Switch
Hero: Soren Stearns - Priest, Sadist
Hero: Kingsley Edge – King of The Underground, Switch
Hero: Wesley Railey - College Student, Virgin
Setting: New York and Kentucky, USA



Synopsis:

Review:

If you’re reading this review, hopefully that means that you have read both The Siren and The Angel. If not, then read no further. Seriously. You will want to start this series at the beginning.

Now, for those who are no doubt as invested in Nora and Soren and the other Original Sinners as I am, I will tell you this: The Prince is everything I had hoped for at the end of The Siren and everything I no longer wanted after The Angel. Because Nora ran. She took off her heels, removed Soren’s collar, and ran to Wes at the end of The Angel... and The Prince picks up right where it left off.

The Prince takes place in the past and the present. In the North and the South. And is completely overshadowed by Soren and Kingsley—who we get to see as both adults and teenagers. Those two are the stars of this book, in my opinion. Which is an amazing feat if you consider what a force Nora Sutherlin is.

The North – Past and Present

By now we are familiar with the adult Soren, who is intimidating and compelling and provoking. We’ve learned his circumstances and we now know what happened in his life to make him the way he is. But, in this installment, we actually get to see a teenage Soren. A man who is still figuring himself out. A less refined version of himself. And it only made me love him more. This brilliant and talented and misunderstood young man, who terrifies himself as well as all of his fellow students… Except for Kingsley, who sees something more in him, something that calls to him and tells him his place is at Soren’s feet. A place I wouldn’t mind being myself, truth told. *wink*

And in the way that The Angel revealed Soren, The Prince reveals Kingsley. We know Kingsley Edge as the undisputed King of Kink. Dominate and used to people obeying his every command, we see the Frenchman before the larger than life persona could form. A young man named Kingsley Boissonneault. I loved seeing a side of Kingsley that was... stripped down. Less graceful. Unpolished. But still very much a slut and a troublemaker. So, I guess the more things change—the more some things stay the same?

My favorite part was seeing two of my favorite men finding each other. The love and the passion and the understanding between them. You could see the beginnings of The Underground with each step that Soren and Kingsley took. And the formation of a friendship that manages to survive...well, everything.

The South – Present

I honestly don’t have much to say about Nora and Wesley... Their relationship felt so awkward at times. Uncomfortable. I didn’t at all like seeing Nora acting so un-Nora-like. Two books ago, I would’ve been jumping up and down to see Nora some place tame and “safe” and in Wes’s arms. But now it just leaves me with a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

Trust me, if someone had told me at the end of The Siren that I would be completely, one-hundred-percent Team Soren, I would have replied, “Are you f-ing crazy?!” And if that someone had also told me that I would NOT want Nora to pick Wes, I would have told them, “Shut your dirty mouth!”

But that’s exactly how I feel. It doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy seeing Wesley again, because I definitely did. And it cracked me up to see Nora stuck in Vanillaville. She may have been a fish out of water, but she most certainly left her mark on Kentucky. But now I want her to return to New York and, more specifically, that sexy blonde Priest named Soren.

The Prince is full of love and loss. Pleasure and pain. And more than a few secrets. Secrets that don’t want to stay buried. Make sure you put on your seat belt, your bicycle helmet, and your knee and elbow pads, because it will rough you up. And you will love and cherish every single bruise.

Because one of Miz Reisz’s biggest talents is that she writes like life actually is. No hyperbole or exaggerations. There is nothing flowery or contrite about this world and these characters. And, because it is so damn realistic, you feel like you know Nora and Wesley, Soren and Kingsley. And they repeatedly break your heart, mend it back together, then break it again. Miz Reisz writes characters that cause your heart to feel like it’s suffering from angina.

And, after the cliffhanger she leaves us hanging with, well, I think I might need a pacemaker to get through The Mistress.

Favorite Quote:

“I don’t believe in ghosts and neither should you, Kingsley.”
”Why not? I’ve been in love with a ghost for thirty years.”
Kingsley strolled over to the armchair and sat on the ottoman between the other man’s knees. Soren narrowed his eyes at him.
“The body’s not even cold yet. Eleanor’s been gone one day and you’re already trying to get me into bed again?”
”Again?” Kingsley laughed and rolled his eyes. “Always. Are you surprised?”
Soren shrugged. “Not really.”

 

Thoughts While Reading:

21.0% - "Yes, Kingsley, what kind of Sadist is Soren? The best kind, IMO. :-)"

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.