One Night Stand: The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

AMAZON | KINDLE

The Prince by Tiffany Reisz
Contemporary / Erotica 
Harlequin MIRA (November 20, 2012)

Rating: A-
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Nora Sutherlin - Writer, Switch
Hero: Soren Stearns - Priest, Sadist
Hero: Kingsley Edge – King of Kink, Switch
Hero: Wesley Railey – Prince of Kentucky, Vanilla
Setting: New York and Kentucky, USA

Synopsis:


Review:

Let me begin by saying, Tiffany Reisz's Original Sinners series has quickly become my favorite erotica series. This is not your typical erotica romance. I'm not even sure romance is the correct term to use with this series. Yet there is love, just not in the traditional sense most romance novels are written about. This story is complex, multi-layered, sadistic, endearing, and has ripped my heart out over and over. But I love it. Ms. Reisz has officially put me under her writing spell.

And before you read any further, if you haven’t read the first two books in this series, I would recommend not reading this review. I highly recommend reading The Siren and then The Angel first. Trust me, you will thank me later.

In The Siren, I wanted nothing more than for Nora and Wesley to be together. In The Angel, Ms. Reisz flogged me until I forgot about Wesley, and wanted Soren and Nora together. And now, in The Prince, she whipped, flogged, and caned me until I submitted and fell at Soren and Kingsley feet. This story is emotionally painful, raw, hard to read at times, but I've developed a strange craving to read these character's pain and the tenderness that comes after.

The Prince is broken up into three different stories. There is the past and present tense, that takes place in the North with Soren and Kingsley. And then there is the present tense, that takes place in the South with Nora and Wesley. These stories flow from chapter to chapter; told from all four characters POV.

What he felt...he felt used, owned, like property, like a slave, treasured, wanted, needed, like an object of infinite value so coveted Soren had lowered himself to theft to make Kingsley his own.

Both the past and present stories written about Soren and Kingsley were my absolute favorite parts. When Soren made a brief appearance in the first book, he terrified me. I didn’t understand him. But then in the second book, not only did I find compassion for him, but I also fell in love with Soren. I learned what kind of man he really is beyond being a sadist. It's hard to find the right words to articulate how much tenderness I feel towards Soren and Kingsley after reading their story. Their relationship is simply…beautiful.

Soren and Kingsley met when they were both at a Catholic boarding school. Seeing the way their relationship forms, and the love they share, is intensely emotional. Kingsley's pure love and devotion towards Soren took my breath away. And knowing thirty years later these two are still friends, with everything they’ve been through, makes my heart swell.

“I thought you were the most beautiful creature on God's earth. Kingsley confessed. “I would have been an atheist but fro you proving to me that both heaven and hell were real, even if they existed only when I was with you.”

I think I fell even more in love with Soren after learning more about his past. The man is almost, dare I say…perfect. However, learning the kind of man Kingsley is beyond being known as the ruthless dominate and King of the Dark Underground, Ms. Reisz made me fall, yet again, in love with another one of her characters. Kingsley Edge is a very passionate, intelligent, and sexy as hell man. I noticed him in Submit to Desire, but I really didn't have a clue as to how much I would actually fall for him once I truly got to know him. I've not only become obsessed with Soren, but now Kingsley. Merci.

It’s always a good day when the Prince of Kentucky and the Queen of the Underground come calling.”

And then we have Nora and Wesley’s story, which takes place in the present tense Kentucky. From the beginning, I had a crush on Wesley. I loved that he's vanilla while Nora is untamable. The idea of them being together enticed me. I wanted to see Nora happy, and I thought Wesley could be the one that could bring more happiness to Nora’s life.

As it turns out, Wesley's life isn't exactly normal: he is The Prince of Kentucky. Now that Nora has followed Wesley into his world, she wants to try her hand at a normal, vanilla relationship, explore something she’s never had before. Thinking she’s a better person when she’s with Wesley.

However, I thought the chemistry between Nora and Wesley felt off. I didn't like how much of Nora's personality felt repressed. I like the kinky, reckless, dominate Nora. I can’t imagine Nora giving up Soren and the dark underworld to live on a ranch. I think she would be bored. Perhaps in a couple years, and with a little more experience in the bedroom, who knows what kind of man Wesley becomes. I wouldn’t mind seeing Wesley explore his kinky side. Maybe he isn’t 100% vanilla if he gets a taste of kink.

It's hard not to wonder what kind of ending to this story the author will give these characters. Ms. Reisz is a sadist with a pen. She tortures us with twisty plots and addictive characters. I’ve fallen in love with all her characters to the point I can't imagine anyone not having a happy ending. Will it be Nora, Soren, and Kingsley together in the end? Soren and Kingsley? Nora and Wesley? How will all of this unfold? I have so many questions and, perhaps, irrational thoughts that lead me to the desire to see all of these characters in a polyamorous relationship. Ridiculous, maybe, but I wouldn’t mind.

And let me tell you, with all that happens and revealed in The Prince, we get the most wicked and evil cliffhanger to boot! Good lord. WTF. How on earth am I supposed to wait patiently until The Mistress comes out?! I'm on pins and needles dying to find out what happens!

 

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.