Twice as Nice: The Flesh Cartel #2: The Auction by Rachel Haimowitz and Heidi Belleau

RIPTIDE

The Flesh Cartel #2: The Auction by Rachel Haimowitz and Heidi Belleau 
Erotica / Suspense  
Riptide Publishing (November 5, 2012)

Rating: B
Heat: N/A - Non-consensual.

Hero: Mat Carmichael – Cage Fighter, Brother 
Hero: Douglas Carmichael – Grad Student, Brother 
Setting: USA

*This is a serial series, part two of six installments. Part three releases in January! Before you read this review, I want to recommend reading my review of the first episode of The Flesh Cartel.



Synopsis:


Warning:

This story contains explicit violence, forced incest, and non-consent.

Review:

It is not my intent to spoil the reader, but there may be some spoilers in this review. Read at your own risk.

The Flesh Cartel: an international, multi-billion-dollar black market that trades in lost souls. Or more specifically, their bodies.

I’m not even sure where to begin with reviewing this story. First, I would like to say this is like a mini-series and this is the second episode. This story is darker than dark. It’s disturbing, terrifying, and the things that happen to Dougie and Mat are completely inhumane. This story hurt me on a very deep and painful level. I didn’t think it could get any worse than the first episode. I was completely wrong. These short stories have pushed me beyond my boundaries. And I have pretty big boundaries these days.

Mat and Dougie have been raped, mentally and physically abused, poked and prodded, and now they’ve been put in a cell. The abuse does not end there. They are continuously violated over and over without any knowledge as to why this is happening to them. But as the story continues they finally find out why they’ve been put through hell.

These boys are being trained to be sold to the highest bidder at a sex slave auction, where Dougie and Mat come as a package deal. Dougie is the pretty boy submissive. Mat is the roughed up fighter.

Anger is an understatement of how I feel. It’s unbelievable that anyone could take two people's lives and turn them into sex slaves with no remorse. It was even harder to read this time because we really get to know Mat and Dougie on a deeper level. Their fierce love and loyalty is heartbreaking. The only control they have left is their determination to stay together.

I admit to wanting to yell at Dougie for submitting so easily. But that’s his personality. He’s the perfect submissive and will do anything to survive. While Mat, on the other hand, is not a natural submissive. He’s a fighter. And most likely dominate with his partners. Therefore, submitting for him was hard. But if it wasn’t for Dougie, I truly believe he would be dead by now. His intense love and his need to protect his brother keeps him from fighting back, and making bad decisions that could get them both killed.

There is nothing happy about this story. But I’m emotionally involved with the characters. My desire to see Dougie and Mat get their revenge, and to come out of this situation on top, is what keeps me going. I have so much HOPE things will get better for these two. And the one thing I keep thinking: at least they will be together while experiencing this nightmare.

It takes guts to write such an explicit, daring, painful story. I absolutely admire the authors for not pulling their punches. The writing is compelling and gripping. And no matter how excruciating it is to read, I still want more when it’s over.

 

Letitia’s Review: Click here for another take on The Flesh Cartel #2: The Auction!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.