One Night Stand: The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture by Rachel Haimowitz and Heidi Belleau

ALL ROMANCE | RIPTIDE

The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture by Rachel Haimowitz and Heidi Belleau 
Erotica / Suspense  
Riptide Publishing (October 1, 2012)

Rating: B
Heat: N/A - Very dark subject matter.

Hero: Mat – Cage Fighter, Brother 
Hero: Douglas – Student, Brother 
Setting: West Virginia, USA

*This is a serial series, part one of six installments. Part two releases in November!



Synopsis:


Warning:

This story contains explicit violence, forced incest, and non-consent.

Review:

The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture is by far the most disturbing short story I've ever read. My stomach was in knots. My whole body shook with anger. I had a grip on my Kindle that quite possibly could've broken it if I didn't check myself. This is NOT for the feint of heart. This story is dark, wicked, and extremely intense.

Mat is an underground cage fighter. Winning fights means winning money that will financially keep Dougie in school and the bills paid. Dougie is a graduate student who is determined to get his PhD so he can eventually get his brother out of the hard life where he comes home battered and bruised.

Mat and Dougie had a rough childhood. Mat feels responsible for Dougie because as children they were orphaned and separated. Mat will never let anything happen to Dougie again. The love and devotion these two brothers have for one another is endearing. But what these two have been put through is nothing compared to what they are subjected to when four men break into their home, kidnap and violate them, and then bring them to a facility where they are prepared to be sold at an auction.

They've survived so much in their life, but will they survive this?

Mat, being extremely protective of Dougie, wants to fight against everything that is happening to them. But the more he fights, the worse he makes the situation. Not able to fight back, Mat is forced to submit to whatever it takes to save his brother and himself.

Dougie is subjected to so much from the beginning. I couldn't believe I was reading any of it. It was sick, disgusting, and, sadly, this happens all the time in human trafficking situations. Dougie started out weak in the beginning, but his strength and desire to live is what saved both him and Mat from being killed.

Because this story is from both brothers POVs, I was inside both of their heads. I could FEEL their pain and suffering. Dougie's will to live and Mat's protective instincts were so raw and so real. I felt so overwhelmed by this short 75 page story that I felt completely out of sorts the rest of the day.

What happens to these two is hard to put into words. It's sinister. It's wrong. Oh, so very wrong. Imagine being completely powerless and having to watch someone you love more than anything being humiliated over and over. This story shattered all my boundaries. I spent most of the time reading this story with a death grip on my Kindle. I have so many questions that I'm dying to know. Who are the characters at the beginning of the story? Who is the woman in charge? (I hope Mat and Dougie get their vengeance against this bitch!) As disturbed as I am by this story, I'm compelled to find out what happens with Mat and Dougie until I've reached the end of the story.

 

Thoughts While Reading:

N/A

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.