Review: My Three Masters by Juniper Bell

KINDLE

My Three Masters by Juniper Bell
Erotica / Historical
Ellora's Cave Publishing (August 2, 2013)

Rating: C
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Miranda Brown – Nursemaid, Scarred
Hero: Marquis de Beaumont – Jaded, Widow


 

 

Review:

My Three Lords is a guilty pleasure read of mine. I love the ménage aspect and the fact that it takes place in a historical setting. It’s a quick and sexy read that, towards the end, has a very, very steamy scene with some mmfm action. It is scorching hot. When I saw My Three Masters, featuring the lords from the first book, I had to read it.

Our jaded and lovelorn Marquis has finally found interest, true desire, in a woman. And she just so happens to be the scarred nurse taking care of his estranged wife on her deathbed. Before his wife dies, she makes the Marquis promise to take care of Miranda. The Marquis readily agrees as he’s been sporting a tendre (and a hard-on) for her since he laid eyes on her.

Miranda isn't who she says she is. For the past few years she’s been hiding, constantly afraid of being discovered. She tries to blend in, not stand out. So when the Marquis takes an interest in her, despite her fears, she has to admit she’s also drawn to him. He stars in her nightly fantasies whether she wants him to or not. But Miranda isn’t about to give in so easily to a man known for his hedonistic desires.

My Three Masters was not quite what I was expecting. For one, there is no ménage romance. Which makes the title inaccurate, as only the Marquis is Miranda’s Master. She's only with him. Having that element out of the picture made me miss the dynamic from the first book. I was looking forward to the Marquis and the Duke reuniting between the sheets with Alicia and Miranda. When it didn’t happen, well, it was a let down. While I still enjoyed the singular romance between Miranda and the Marquis, as well as the appearance the two other lords and lady make, it could have been so much more.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.