Fabulous Friday Recommendation: Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

image
image       image

Sugar Daddy (Travis Family #1) by Lisa Kleypas
Contemporary
St. Martin's Press (April 1, 2010)

Synopsis:

SHE'S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS
Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas---if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.

HE'S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN'T HAVE
When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon---a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.

WILL THEY FIND THEIR HEARTS' DESIRES OR WILL HEARTBREAK TEAR THEM APART?
Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.

 

Why We Recommend It:

I absolutely LOVE Sugar Daddy. Liberty Jone’s life-journey as she goes from rags to riches, finding love and happiness in the process, is a remarkable story I can’t recommend enough. It’s smartly written, thought-provoking, compelling, emotional, and sexy. This story has stayed with me for a long time. Two years to be exact.

When I picked this book up to read, I had just devoured Miz Kleypas’ Wallflowers and Hathaways historical romances. Kleypas’ writing is so addictive I wanted MORE from this author, so I decided to read the first book in the Travises’ series. The woman can write and impressed me so much, I continued with the series: Blue-Eyed Devil, Smooth Talking Stranger. I ended up falling in love with the entire series.

Sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible. The irony of it split my heart open, setting loose more bitter regret than I could bear.

 

Add Sugar Daddy to your to-read shelf on Goodreads!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.