Twice As Nice: Paula’s Take on Hostile Takeover by Joey W Hill

AMAZON | KINDLE

Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room #5) by Joey W. Hill
Contemporary / Erotica
2012-06-20 (Ellora’s Cave)

Rating: B
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Marcie Moira – Life Long Crush, Submissive
Hero: Ben O’Callahan – Lawyer, Dominant

 





Synopsis:

Review:

Warning…this book is not for the faint of heart. It’s dirty, dirty, and very dirty.

She’d heard the rumors about his size, but if that was a partial erection, there were monsters in Japan who would run screaming.

This book put me through the wringer and nearly broke me. It might have even given me heartburn. But, once I pulled my thoughts together, I realized the reader was meant to see the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly these characters went through to make this story come full circle.

I’m going to admit the first 40% of Hostile Takeover made me angry. Ben is very cold and harsh. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to continue on with the book if I didn’t start seeing a different side to Ben – a more vulnerable, softer side to him. But, once Ben’s walls started to come down, and he confided in Marcie about his past, I saw Ben for who he really was. This man had a rough childhood that broke my heart.

I really liked how persistent Marcie was in getting Ben. But, honestly, it felt like the roles were switched at times. Marcie topped from the bottom and it felt like she was manipulating Ben into teaching her to be his Dominant. She kept claiming she was a true submissive but would argue and fight with Ben into making him believe that she is his submissive.

Of course, I can understand that Marcie knew Ben only saw her as a little girl and not the woman she’d become. I think because Ben is such a hardcore sexual dominant, he needed someone like Marcie to break down his walls by topping from the bottom so he would open up and let someone in. By the end of the book, I realized that because Marcie never gave up on Ben, she is the perfect lover and submissive for Ben.

For years, Marcie and Ben exchanged letters, texts, and emails, which gave a glimpse of the type of the relationship they had for many years. They were open with each other in these exchanges and you see a different side to Ben - a more caring and tender side. Someone who takes care of his own. I really, really enjoyed this part of the story.

I loved Ben’s loyalty to the other Knights of the Boardroom. He sees them not only as friends, but brothers. The interactions with the characters from the previous books piqued my interest.

Hostile Takeover is a well written story that shook me to the core. This book is hardcore – more than I ever expected. It actually gave me the shivers during certain parts in the story. I actually had to put the book down I felt so out of my comfort zone with some of the things Ben did to Marcie. It may not have settled right with me as I was reading this story, but it did finally sink in that this book was truly good - it just took me all the way to the very end to ‘get it.’ This is my first book by Joey W. Hill and will not be my last. I do plan to go back to read this series from the beginning.

 

Letitia’s Review: Click here for another take on Hostile Takeover!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.