Quickie: The Naked Earl by Sally MacKenzie

AMAZON | KINDLE

The Naked Earl (Naked Nobility) by Sally MacKenzie 
Historical / Regency
2007 (Zebra)

Rating: C-
Heat: Warm

Heroine: Elizabeth Runyon – Aristocrat, Naive 
Hero: Robert Hamilton – Earl, Oft-Naked 
Setting: England



Review:

Parts seemed to drag on, but at the same time I really didn't want to put it down. Quite a mismatch of feelings.

This was a light, fun read. Most of the time. Though there was a point toward the end that did make me tear up. And the villains were quite horrific. They didn't get the comeuppance that they should've... That part was just sort of left open. Maybe it happens in the next book, since they're all interconnected?

I liked the hero and heroine, Robbie and Lizzie. They were cute together and Robbie wasn't a typical HR hero. His issue got a bit old, however... A bit redundant. Made things drag on a bit. Lizzie was comically naive but I imagine that a lot of women were. Especially ones partially raised by their older brothers.

I thought all the side characters helped keep the pace going. And I really didn't mind the sexagenarian romance between Lady Bea and Alton. Older people need love too, people. I thought it quite sweet she had loved her butler since they were teens... and had spent the forty years following trying to convince him to marry her.

All in all, it was a good book and I enjoyed it. Not going on the favorites shelf, but it was good enough to be a keeper.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.