Review: Everything For Us by M. Leighton

AMAZON | KINDLE

Everything For Us (The Bad Boys #3) by M. Leighton
Contemporary
Berkley Trade (September 3, 2013)

Rating: B
Heat: Hot

Heroine: Marissa Townsend – Spoiled Rich Girl, Redeemed 
Hero: Nash Davenport – Dangerous Bad Boy, Wants Revenge 


 

 

 

Synopsis:


Review:

Note to the reader… there is no way I could write this review without divulging spoilers from Down to You and Up to Me. The storyline flows from one book to the next. If you have not read the first book of the Bad Boys series, stay far away from this review. This is a spoiler free review for Everything For Us.

Everything For Us is the Bad Boys series finale. *sniffles* The story picks up exactly where we left off in Up to Me. Marissa Townsend was kidnapped due to a bad case of mistaken identity. She’s been shaken to the core with fear and now her life will never be the same. In the aftermath of her kidnapping, she begins to regret the way she treated people and took advantage of her privileged lifestyle. Marissa doesn’t like THAT person and wants to atone for her mistakes and change her ways. But change doesn’t come easy when people don’t trust you. She must prove to herself and the people she’s hurt that she can change. And, to add more confusion to her life, she has fallen for the man who rescued her from her kidnappers. The undeniable pull she has towards the dark and sexy Nash Davenport is hard to resist. He is everything her old life would snub, but everything she wants now. But can she let her old life go where appearance means everything and start over?

Nash Davenport oozes sex and danger. He is the epitome of bad boys. For years, he’s lived a lonely life as a criminal on the sea, dealing in illegal activities. Everyone thought he was dead until he showed up suddenly in the last book. Now he’s back and ready to exact vengeance against the men who killed his mother and destroyed his life. Nash has some serious issues to work through. He’s full of rage and refuses to let anyone get close to him. He doesn’t do relationships with women. He screws them and leaves them. But he can’t seem to leave Marissa. She consumes him and makes him feel. And, no matter how hard he tries to push her away, he just… can’t. But Nash struggles with his dark demons and has a secret that keeps him from having the woman he loves.

As the passion and heat between Nash and Marissa escalates, so does the anticipation for the Davenport boys to try and figure out how to take down the men who killed their mother and framed their father. Cash and Nash must find a way to work together, which means mending the rift between them, so they can finally get their redemption.

First of all, this book is steaaaammmmmy and the passion is intense. M. Leighton does an amazing job with the combustible sexual chemistry between Nash and Marissa. I love seeing two unlikely characters fall hard for one another. And let me tell you… Nash is one deliciously hot and dominant freak in the bedroom. His demands made ME want to rip my own clothes off…

“I could make you feel nothing but pleasure, that you can’t think past what I’m doing to your body, what I’m making you feel. With my hands,” he continues, moving his mouth across my cheek. “With my tongue,” he whispers as he spreads wet heat across my bottom lip with the tip of the very tongue of which he speaks. “And I promise, you’ll love every second of it.” As if to punctuate his statement, he bites down ever so lightly, sinking his teeth into my flesh.

...WOW… there goes my panties.

I will admit to not being sure if Marissa could win me over since she acted like such a bitch in the first two books of the series. But Marissa proved me wrong by turning out to be a cool chick with a really big heart. Nash deeply affected me with the deep pain and anger he carries on his shoulders. The poor guy sacrificed his life for his father and needs justice. I wanted to hug him and then lick his abs and tattoo to make him feel better. What? I’m human. *winks*

Even though I really liked this book, there are a couple of obvious flaws that stuck out to me. First, Nash’s secret felt unbelievable. There are a lot of holes in the likelihood this could actually happen without someone finding out the truth sooner. Sorry, but I wasn’t buying it. Secondly, I also felt like the ending was rushed and resolved too easy. I admit, I wanted to see Nash in action and whip out his bad-assery at some point.

Everything For Us is a great ending to the smoking hot Bad Boys series. You will get plenty of tingly sexual tension and lots of steamy sexy times. It has mystery and drama. And complicated characters. I love Michelle Leighton’s sexy and romantic writing style. She doesn’t go overboard with the angst and it’s tons of FUN to read her stories. She excels at writing alpha males that will melt your panties. The dangerous and sexy Davenport bad boys own the pages and own me too! I can’t wait to see what Michelle Leighton comes up with next.

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.