A Terrible Love by Marata Eros
Gallery Books (April 26, 2013)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Jessica Mackey is living a meticulously fabricated lie of necessity. She's left the secret tragedy of her past behind along with who she was and is forging ahead with a clean slate. Jess soon discovers that passion can't be left behind; her own and that of the one man that sees who she really is. Whose presence caresses her soul in a way that may breach the peaceful life Jess has made for herself.
Devin Castile sees a young woman that is the missing puzzle piece to his existence and who is also the victim to a heinous crime. Devin convinces himself that he can remain emotionally distant even while indulging his physical desire for her. When the lies that Jess has made crumble before their attraction and the truth is revealed, one of them might pay with their life... or their very being.
Facts about A Terrible Love Part 2
By Marata Eros
1. Violence is an important component in my work: defense, intentional and random. I've done some very strange research about what happens to the body when subjected to abuse. It's an interesting fact that the beater can come away having “won” with almost as much damage as the beatee.
2. Ballerina's feet are the ugliest thing in the world. Jewell is not a “perfect” heroine in that, she eschews heavy make-up, wears clogs, messy buns and sweats like a real athlete. Yet... her femininity is not compromised. I liked making Jewell tangible.
3. I never make my mind about “whodunit” until about 65-70% through the novel. I credit that one fact as to why most find my work unpredictable.
4. ATL is my 27th title (both novellas and full-length novels) and my first non-fantasy work to date.
5. Because of my recent move to South Dakota, I elected to place Jewell's father as Senator from that state. There is also an interesting regional dialect which I inserted in some words as Readers will notice in Jewell's speech.
About the Author
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Tamara Rose Blodgett, writes dark romantic erotica under the pen name Marata Eros. She is a passionate reader who loves interacting with her readers and is more grateful than she can express for their support. Tamara is currently writing the companion novel to A TERRIBLE LOVE; A BRUTAL TENDERNESS, coming soon!
|Find Marata Online: |
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Click here to visit the other blogs on the tour!