Quickie: A Night Like This by Julia Quinn

AMAZON | KINDLE

A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet) by Julia Quinn
Historical / Regency
2012-05-29 (Avon)

Rating: B+
Heat: Sweet

Heroine: Anne Wynter – Governess, Mistaken Identity
Hero: Daniel Smythe-Smith – Earl, Gentleman
Setting: England



Synopsis:


Review:

Another cute and funny romance from Miz Quinn. The Smythe-Smith's are an eccentric lot and it makes for really funny dialogue that kept me smiling. Miss Wynter's charges, and Daniel’s cousins, Frances, Harriet, and Elizabeth, were scene stealers. I mean, who can resist a little girl who pretends she's a unicorn? Simply adorable.

And Daniel might be the most perfect gentleman in an HR that I have ever read. He cares so much for all the ladies in his life and is completely respectful of them. And it didn't come off as facetious or fake, as he is an only son in an extended family of nearly all females. He is a hero worth falling for.

This is the first book by Miz Quinn, that I've read, where there is actually a truly villainous villain. It added a bit of darkness to an otherwise light story, and gave great depth to Anne and her personal plight.

I love me some JQ and, while this won't make my Top 5 Favorite Julia Quinn books - it was still a great summer read.

Favorite Quote:

"I wish to kiss you. That is what I wanted you to know. Because if I'm not going to do it, and it appears that I am not, because it isn't what you want, at least not right now...but if I'm not going to do it, you need to know that I wanted." He paused, staring at her mouth, at her lips, full and trembling. "I still want it."

 

Thoughts While Reading:

21.0% - "Oh, Daniel cracks me up. And so do his cousins. :-)"
29.0% - "Wow. Not a fan of George Chervil. What a nasty man..."

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.