Quickie: Shot in the Dark by Christine d'Abo

KINDLE

Shot in the Dark (Long Shots #2) by Christine d'Abo
Erotica / Contemporary
2011-11-07 (Carina Press )

Rating: C
Heat: Sizzling

Heroine: Paige Long – Independent, Submissive
Hero: Carter – Firefighter, Dominant
Setting: Toronto, Canada

Books 1-3 of the Long Shots series is available in a discounted kindle bundle here.

Synopsis:


Warning:

This story has elements of BDSM and D/s with moments of light bondage and… object play?

Review:

Dearest Paige is the eldest Long sibling and, as such, is a mother hen to her sister and brother—constantly worrying and meddling in their lives. She’s an independent, take-charge kind of gal. All business. And also totally unsatisfied. Because even though she is demanding in her professional life, she wants nothing more than to surrender in her personal one. Unfortunately, Paige has been hurt and damaged by her last Dom, so she’s been neglecting her needs and wants.

That is, until quiet and determined Carter enters life. A firefighter during the day, a Dom when off the clock, the man knows what Paige needs and isn’t afraid to give it to her. Even if he has to wear down all her defenses to do it.

I am a huge fan of BDSM in my erotica novels, but for some reason it didn’t flip my switch in this one like I was expecting. I can’t even give a reason why. It just… didn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I admired Paige as a woman and was instantly smitten with Carter. And they were perfect together and I enjoyed there story. It just didn’t boil my blood like I was hoping for.


Keep Reading: Click here to read my review for Pulled Long, the third book in the Long Shots series!

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.