Paula and Letitia’s Top 10 Spring and Summer Fabulous Book Hangovers of 2013!

 

Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski – Phenomenal and powerful are not two words I usually use in a review but this book deserves that distinction. This is by far one of the best books I’ve read this year. The writing is rich in description, clever, and exhilarating. The plot is beyond original with all of the twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. And, by the end, I was wishing I had savored this book not devoured it. – Paula

PAULA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE


Shooting Scars by Karina Halle – This book is a wild and crazy ride with all the twists and turns that will leave you breathless and utterly speechless. This is a brilliant love triangle that will have you lusting after Camden and Javier, who kick ass and never take names. – Paula

REVIEWS ON 8/20 | KINDLE


Unteachable by Leah Raeder – It was a beautifully painful and real romance full of clandestine meetings, illicit touches, and stolen kisses. I was hooked from the very first chapter. Miz Raeder has a wonderful way with the written word, making it both poetic and visual. She created two characters I was immediately drawn to and had me hanging on every word. And then there is the way that she writes the sex scenes—filling them with so much tension and passion and emotion. You can feel every touch, every breath. It will knock your darn socks off! You do not want to miss this salacious and evocative romance. – Letitia

LETITIA’S REVIEW | KINDLE

 

Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews – Pulse-pounding action, heart-wrenching emotion, hilarious banter, unbreakable romance, SUBLIME writing... I was blown away and struck speechless by Magic Rises. The best in the series since Magic Strikes. I'm completely in awe by this series. I need MORE MORE MORE Curran and Kate! – Paula

AMAZON | KINDLE

 

Sweet Thing by Renee CarlinoSweet Thing? More like sweet torture because, oh, Mia and Will tortured my heart so so sweetly… Seriously, I just plain adored that man. Will can call me sweet baby any time. Or all the time. Sigh. I truly don’t know how Mia resisted him. Sexy as sin, sweet as honey, a true gentleman, and he can play the guitar and sing? Sold! *wink* – Letitia

PAULA’S REVIEW | LETITIA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan –THIS is how you write a dirty, sexy, crazy, and ballsy biker romance. I love these raunchy biker assholes! I think Madeline Sheehan has a vagina of steel. She definitely has guts to write such a raw and gritty story. Unbeautifully will take you completely out of your comfort zone, yet revel in how incredibly amazing the writing is. Grab a bottle of whiskey and some smokes, because you're going to need them after you experience this smoking hot book. – Paula

PAULA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

Down London Road by Samantha Young - Samantha Young made me fall for a straight-shooting, tough-love giving Scotsman, named Cameron MacCabe, who made my insides mushy with every word out of his mouth. – Letitia

LETITIA’S REVIEW | PAULA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

Obsession by Jennifer Armentrout – Action packed, sexy as hell romance, bad ass hero, feisty heroine, well developed plot, fantastic storyline, and awesome secondary characters… what more could you want out of an adult paranormal romance!?! – Paula

PAULA’S REVIEW | KINDLE




Wanderlust by Skye WarrenWanderlust will leave you uncomfortably sympathetic. Terrified yet aroused. Miz Warren draws you into the abyss that is Evie and Hunter and then makes you crave the free fall into the darkness that is Hunter. And fall for him you will, whether you want to or not. Hunter has that kind of presence, that kind of effect on your heart, mind and soul. – Letitia

LETITIA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker – A remarkable story of love, life, and finding yourself. I loved experiencing all of those wonderful firsts—first touch, first kiss, first love—with Livie. I cried, I swooned, I melted into a puddle at the hotness that is Ashton. Livie and Ashton have a heart palpitating, lip biting, stomach fluttering love that had me flipping through the pages as fast as my eyes could read. – Letitia

PAULA’S REVIEW | LETITIA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

Honorable Mentions and Must-Reads!

Seduce by Missy Johnson – Blew me away with the clever writing and the surprising twist. What starts out as a humorous and cynical story turns into a passionate, shocking, heartbreaking, and beautiful tale about two people from different worlds that fall madly in love. I was mesmerized by Jack and Belle’s story. They made me swoon and melt with the intensity of their relationship. I was taken aback by the emotional turmoil I felt. And the sex in this book is off the charts hot and spicy. – Paula

PAULA’S REVIEW | KINDLE

 

Mafia Captive by Kitty Thomas - I love how Kitty Thomas writes heroes capable of anything and heroines who are tested and pushed past the brink. The uncertainty, the unknown... the danger ever present... is thrilling. And terrifying. She makes you keep turning the pages, only blinking when absolutely necessary. – Letitia

LETITIA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

Bad Things by R.K. LilleyBad Things is my kind of book. The writing is exceptional. The emotions are tumultuous. The storyline is addictive. The secondary characters are great. And now I'm anxiously awaiting the next book. It's official... I'm a fan of this author. This is a MUST read. – Paula

PAULA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

True Love Story by Willow Aster – I loved this book. And then I hated it. And then I loved it again. Every relationship has its ups and downs. And Sparrow (love her name!) and Ian’s relationship definitely had its highs and lows. This story took me on a very emotional and rocky journey that made me laugh, cry, scream with frustration, and very happy at the ending. – Paula

PAULA’S REVIEW | AMAZON | KINDLE

 

 

Fall and Winter 2013 New Releases that Paula and Letitia can’t wait to read!

SEPTEMBER

Always on my Mind by Jill Shalvis – AMAZON | GOODREADS

A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Everything for Us by M. Leighton – AMAZON | GOODREADS

OCTOBER

Bold Tricks by Karina Halle – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Endless Knight by Kresley Cole – AMAZON | GOODREADS

The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley – AMAZON | GOODREADS

The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Trust in Me by J. Lynn – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Tempt the Stars by Karen Chance – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Convicted by Aleatha Romig – GOODREADS

NOVEMBER

Four Seconds to Lose by K.A. Tucker – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Striking Distance by Pamela Clare – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Try by Ella Frank – GOODREADS

Beautiful Rose by Missy Johnson – GOODREADS

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished by Sarah Maclean – AMAZON | GOODREADS

Aftershock by Sylvia Day – AMAZON | GOODREADS

DECEMBER

Take Me On by Cherrie Lynn – GOODREADS

Nearly Mended by Devon Ashley – GOODREADS

Lost in Wanderlust by Karina Halle – GOODREADS

The Redheads Play Her Hand by Alice Clayton – AMAZON | GOODREADS

FALL/WINTER TBA

Reviving Isabel by J.A. Redmerski – GOODREADS

Greed by Amelie Fisher – GOODREADS

Avoiding Temptation by K. A. Linde – GOODREADS

Don’t Let Go by Skye Warren – GOODREADS

0 comments:

Comments moderated on posts older than 8 days.